the Care Provider Alliance
The Care Provider Alliance (CPA) is the collective, national voice of adult social care providers in England.
We bring together the ten national associations which represent private, voluntary and community sector providers.
We speak for the whole of the adult social care sector including care homes, home care services, Shared Lives schemes and retirement communities.
We represent providers of support to adults with physical, sensory or learning disabilities, people with mental ill-health, and older people.
CPA members cover almost 10,000 organisations, employ over 600,000 staff, and support an estimated 1 million people.
Our role is to:
- coordinate responses across all care providers
- inform and influence policymakers
- provide leadership to the sector
- work in partnership to improve care
- build awareness of the care provider sector
Our unparalleled reach into the care sector enables us to collect, collate and communicate insights about new developments, innovations and market trends, and their impact on care providers and the people they support. Working with our network of CPA members, we develop and share practical advice and guidance for care managers, owners and staff.
Our current priorities, as at April 2020, are:
- Coronavirus: We are working with CPA members, central and local government to lobby for the crucial support care providers and their staff need.
- Business continuity: We are developing a range of guidance to support business continuity.
- EU Settlement Scheme: We are developing guidance to help care providers to inform their staff and service users about the Scheme and how to apply.
The Care Provider Alliance is an informal body, comprising the ten national adult social care provider associations.
The role of CPA chair rotates annually across each of the ten associations.
Our current Chair is Lisa Lenton, England Director at the Association for Real Change
The incoming chair from October 2020 is Kathy Roberts, CEO, Association of Mental Health Providers
The Immediate Past Chair is Michael Voges, Executive Director at the Association of Retirement Community Operators (ARCO).
Working with us§
We work with a range of national bodies - including government departments - to gain insights, produce and share guidance, and develop innovative solutions to the challenges of running effective care services. We offer our extensive sector knowledge, expertise and reach on a consultancy basis through our members.
We are also keen to form alliances and partnerships with other organisations and networks that share our aims