CPA in the News
CPA in the news
The CPA seeks to raise the profile of the social care providers in the press.
We provide briefings, articles, statements and press releases on key issues affecting adult social care.
Coronavirus and care providers§
Our coverage since March 2020 has focused on coronavirus.
We have been working with national and trade press to build awareness of what social care providers and their staff are doing to tackle coronavirus, the challenges that they face, and the support that they need.
Our key coverage is outlined below.
Pressure on care providers
- Britain faces a care crisis that could overwhelm the NHS – The Independent
- Anger amongst care home owners told to accept people with coronavirus – Carehomes.co.uk
- England care providers say 10% council fee rise is too little too late - The Guardian
- Covid-10 council leaders estimates additional social care provider costs woefully inadequate – Community Care
- Social carers urge industry to meet safety equipment demands - Financial Times
- Social care warns of collapse without government funding – Financial Times
Do Not Attempt to Resuscitate plans
- Covid-19: Don’t apply advance care plans to groups of people, doctors’ leaders warn – British Medical Journal (BMJ)
- Elderly patients feel pressurised into signing do not resuscitate forms - Brinkwire
- Elderly pressured into signing Do-not-resuscitate forms, charities warn – Daily Mail
- Older people pressured into signing documents leaving them exempt from receiving CPR, charities warn – The Telegraph
- CQC condemns GPs over Do Not Resuscitate notices on care plans – Homecare Insights
- Providers reminded over importance of care plans – LaingBuisson Care Markets