Winter Plan 2020/21
Access up to date information on the government’s Winter Plan for 2020/21, plus advice and information from the Care Provider Alliance and other key national bodies.
New laws will allow more healthcare workers to administer flu and potential COVID-19 vaccines safely to the public.
The Capacity Tracker has been updated to include questions about flu vaccination of staff and residents in care homes.
In the winter plan, all care providers are asked to:
- consider how technical or digital solutions may help to protect the people they support from COVID-19 and connect them to their loved ones
- engage with the NHSX DSPT support offer and register with DSPT by 30 September 2020
- alert the NHSX Information Governance team on IGpolicyteam@nhs.net if you need any advice.
The Digital Social Care team continues to offer a range of information, advice and tools to support care providers’ digital needs.
The Government’s Winter Plan sets out their approach to supporting the adult social care sector by:
- detailing what the government’s national support will be
- establishing expectations of other parts of the system, including local authorities, NHS organisations, and care providers
- putting into practice the recommendations of the Social Care Sector COVID-19 Support Taskforce
- providing a stimulus for further local winter planning and preparedness.
Kathy Roberts, CPA Chair, welcomes the government’s promise of extra funding as part of the Infection Control Fund and the announcement of the new Adult Social Care Winter Plan.